Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sello's obsessions

Finally getting back to school!

At last my job will pay for my studies (yeay me)!! I've decided to apply for next simester. I will be studying Bachelor of Consumer Science Fashion Retail Management....mmmmhm why the business route?

I studied Multimedia & Web design @ Damelin ( I loved the logic, but I hated the briefs and being dictated too) I just felt I was starting my relationship with art halfway, I lacked references and understanding of art.
I then enrolled myself @ the Durban University of Technology to study Fine Art (it was the best decision I've made thus far). Everything started to make sense, from my train of thought to executing the itch I've always had. It gave me the platform to conceptualise, reference and communicate without saying a word!!! (Its pure bliss being able to portray my opinions and thoughts with out spell check lol, since my writing skills are none existant).

One thing the art school failed to do was to equip us with the business tools to make it in a corporate driven environment. I wish finding a Visual Art job was as easy a paging through the classifieds, internet or even go to the ohhh so many recruitment agencies, but life will then be fair which will make it unfair lol. The other problem is that, I only realise the gaps & needs when I'm done with a course. strange. I know.

It has been exactly a year since I graduated, I feel this new venture will help me understand my product and how to sell it to you instead of me going through the classifieds knowingly that I won't find jackshit! I'm truly blessed and excited about the future again!!!

1 comment:

  1. You have great taste as well as the ability to express yourself well. You're really doing what you ♥, I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete