Monday, May 2, 2011

Confessions of a Shopaholic...


I think about month end and dream of spotting a new buy,something unique,styling and distinctly "Liza". Everything else, groceries, transport, school fees, electricity, rent and all those bills of life will follow.
I ask myself is it normal to prioritize in such a materialistic way? Its month end in order for me to take care of all expenses, I'll need to satisfy my hunger for beautiful clothes first. This I know for a fact is a little on the abnormal side. This is me so I think to hell with the judgements of others.
I feel complete when I look my best even though I don't do well with staring eyes, I love knowing that I look my best.
My need, hunger or whatever its called has gotten worse as I also have to make a purchase for my daughter. I know she doesn't quite understand the NEED yet and doesn't really have to have so many pairs of shoes. Its more for me than it is for her.
I remember a time at university when I hadn't really studied for a paper and I walked out of it feeling terrible. I went straight to gateway and spotted the most beautiful fur coat, I bought it on the spot and felt like a million dollars. My mood lifted instantly and that was the day that bought me to this day. I'm lucky to have a sense of spirit that allows me to just let go and embrace my true self, as long as I feel good a can handle so many complexities that life throws at me.
Everyone has a coping mechanism that makes it a little easier to face month end with its responsibilities and bills this is mine....
Embrace who you are
                                
                                         much love.
                                                       Liza

1 comment:

  1. Yep totally, I have a deep love for clothes and shoes. I regret not choosing it as a career. Have u ladies watched vogues september issue?

    ReplyDelete